Full Stack Developer (m|f|d)
Linz or Vienna
As Full Stack Developer you are responsible for the interaction between frontend and backend at smec and therefore see your strengths in both areas. You develop in an agile environment offering you lots of freedom and contribute to implementing user interfaces.
- You embody TDD and code in backend and frontend technologies as well.
- You are our link between product design and software engineering and contribute with your problem-solving skills to our process from design to development and implementation.
- Your code sets new standards in terms of quality, robustness and scalability.
- You plan the next release together with us, you have a Devops mindset and manage our products with your team members.
- You work actively on the system architecture of our software solutions and optimise features with regard to scalability and performance.
- You lead our Juniors and play a vital role in contributing to their progress.
- You successfully completed your education (technical school and/or IT studies).
- You have already 3 years of experience in software development (with Java/JEE – ideally also with Scala) and as a Full Stack Developer.
- You are eager to work with new and established technologies (focus on cloud solutions) such as Spring Framework, microservice architectures, event-/message-driven systems, Elastic Stack, Cloud Flow, Kafka etc.
- You are experienced in REST, Docker, RDBMS, TDD, Kubernetes etc.
- You are communicative and open – you like sharing know-how with your team members.
- You feel comfortable with communicating in English and enjoy working in an international environment.
Our software is primarily running on Google Cloud and Kubernetes. Keeping track with the latest developments, we use state-of-the-art tools such as Terraform, Kustomize, Helm, Prometheus, Grafana, MySql, Postgres, GitLab, TeamCity and other services based on Google Cloud. For our applications, we rely on Scala, Cloudflow, Java, Typescript, Groovy, Node, MySql, Akka, Spring Boot, Gradle, Spock Framework, Angular, GraphQL and more.
We offerAs one of Austria's Best Employers 2022 and a certified Great Place To Work®, we are particularly proud of our corporate culture. In addition to an open and very appreciative interaction, we offer you:
- Stunningly flexible working hours between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- The possibility of remote work 2 days per week
- Further training opportunities as part of our smec Academy – career paths, competence development, online learning platform with more than 3,500 courses, and much more.
- Sports and health offers as part of smec Health – own fitness room, e-bikes, fresh fruits every day and joint sports activities
- Cool events like internal meetups, get-togethers and other social activities
- Sponsoring of team events
- Great employee referral program: for referrals you get an individual event or bonus as a thank you.
- 3-month onboarding program with buddy support
- Growing company with startup flair and many development opportunities
- New MacBook with private use option
- Free coffee and tea
- First-class locations in Linz, Vienna and London – good transport connections included
- No dress code - come as you are! :-)
Sounds exciting? We look forward to receiving your application and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
For legal reasons, we refer to the collective agreement minimum salary of EUR 3,190 (14 x per year) for this position. The actual salary depends on your qualification and experience, a willingness to overpay is given.
We offer the following benefits
smec – Smarter Ecommerce is one of the leading B2B SaaS providers of paid search automation software and a strategic partner for online retailers in Europe.
Due to our vast experience in the highly specialised PPC industry, we constantly add value to our existing tools and challenge competitors with innovative solutions.
More than 500 national and international clients with yearly budgets worth 550+m Euro rely on our data-driven insights and best-in-class consulting services regarding Data & Growth Strategy, the Google Marketing Platform (GMP), Microsoft Advertising, Programmatic, Display Ads and more. Leveraging these advantages, we are building a powerful online retail data platform and are transforming from a pure PPC specialist to a strategic growth partner for online retailers.
We are growing fast – in the meantime more than 150 passionate employees from 20 different countries are following their professional passion at one of our locations in Linz, Vienna and London.