Junior Software Developer (m|f|d)
Linz/Vienna / full time
As Junior Software Developer (m|f|d) with experience in the JVM environment, you act as an important interface between the customer teams and product development. With your technical background and your interest in online marketing, you combine the two hearts of our company.
- You efficiently implement our projects as a central interface between customer teams and product development.
- You code custom modules in our in-house software solutions using Scala or Groovy.
- You connect customer data to our platform and make it usable for our products using state-of-the-art ETL/ELT pipelines.
- You ensure the smooth operation of our customer solutions through monitoring and maintenance.
- You follow current trends and contribute to the further and new development of our products.
- You are available internally as a contact person for our customer teams.
- You completed your studies in the field of (business) computer science or similar.
- You have a solid knowledge of software development and ideally already gained experience in the field of data engineering.
- You are interested in the technologies we use such as Java, Scala, Groovy, Python, SQL, Google Cloud and BigQuery.
- You have good English skills and enjoy working in an international team.
We offerAs one of Austria's Best Employers 2022 and a certified Great Place To Work®, we are particularly proud of our corporate culture. In addition to an open and very appreciative interaction, we offer you:
- Stunningly flexible working hours between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- The possibility of remote work 2 days per week
- Further training opportunities as part of our smec Academy – career paths, competence development, online learning platform with more than 3,500 courses, and much more.
- Sports and health offers as part of smec Health – own fitness room, e-bikes, fresh fruits every day and joint sports activities
- Cool events like internal meetups, get-togethers and other social activities
- Sponsoring of team events
- Great employee referral program: for referrals you get an individual event or bonus as a thank you.
- 3-month onboarding program with buddy support
- New MacBook with private use option
- Weekly breakfast and lunch for all smecies
- First-class locations in Linz, Vienna and London – good transport connections included
- No dress code - come as you are! :-)
Sounds exciting? We look forward to receiving your application and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
For legal reasons, we refer to the collective agreement minimum salary of EUR 2,854 (14 x per year) for this position. The actual salary depends on your qualification and experience, a willingness to overpay is given.
We are looking forward to your application. Reach out to us:
We offer the following benefits
smec – Smarter Ecommerce is one of the leading B2B SaaS providers of paid search automation software and a strategic partner for online retailers in Europe.
Due to our vast experience in the highly specialised PPC industry, we constantly add value to our existing tools and challenge competitors with innovative solutions.
More than 500 national and international clients with yearly budgets worth 550+m Euro rely on our data-driven insights and best-in-class consulting services regarding Data & Growth Strategy, the Google Marketing Platform (GMP), Microsoft Advertising, Programmatic, Display Ads and more. Leveraging these advantages, we are building a powerful online retail data platform and are transforming from a pure PPC specialist to a strategic growth partner for online retailers.
We are growing fast – in the meantime more than 115 passionate employees from 20 different countries are following their professional passion at one of our locations in Linz, Vienna and London.